Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Thursday 21 June 2012

Card for a Tailoress.

This card is for my twin sister ( she doesn't look at my blog, lol ). Our birthdays are on July 9th but as I've got a major mission on my hands, ( more of that later) before then I've made her card today.


She works as a tailoress, measuring inside legs etc for a men's outfitters. Her name is Isobel, but as a child I found that a bit of a mouthful so she became, and still is, Bell. The image is from an amazing freebies website I found through Pinterest , HERE. 




The tape measure is from The Clipart Fairy, but I didn't take note of the page. Sorry, but I didn't save the cotton reels either. I didn't think I would end up out of work and blogging properly again, lol. I will do a search in the next couple of days and try to add a link.

Now then...... My mission???...... Speedy is having a 60th birthday party at a local club on the 30th June. Nowt unusual about that then?   Oh yes there is. This is Speedy we're talking about here. It is to be a CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!!!! Yes, complete with tree, decs, pressies for the kids, mince pies, crackers, you get the gist, lol. Unknown to him, we are trying to get a snow machine and a live reindeer ( he also never looks at my blog, bless him ).

Update on his kidneys, for those who are following the story. I got tested to give him one of mine and scored one out of six. Could still do it with loads of medication for him but his sister came forward and scored better and is having further tests. If all goes well it should happen in about 3 months time. Speedy is feeling fit and well and you wouldn't really know there was anything wrong with him. We are just trying to get a transplant before there is a need for dialysis. He has kidney damage rather than kidney disease so doesn't feel ill.

Thanks for visiting. xx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....lucky sister.
    And a very happy birthday, way in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card....lucky sister.
    And a very happy birthday, way in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Love the card - off to check out your link. Lol love the idea of a christmas party in June (Is christmas his favourite time of the year???) Fingers crossed with the kidney transplant. Any luck on the job hunting???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Di, I am sure your sister will love it, there is no chance of forgetting her birthday is there lol. Nice to see you posting again but wish the circumstances were different. Good luck with the job search and hope you find one where you will be appreciated. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing card Di, perfect image for your sister. Christmas party sounds like it will be loads of fun but ?? a live reindeer lol. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ali, yes he loves Christmas. In fact he thinks he IS father christmas, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and thankyou for the link to the images.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi di,good to see you posting,fab card for your sister,fingers crossed for speedys match and hope that perfect job is just around the corner,x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fab card brilliant colouring papers and layout , thanks for sharing the link tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WEll, what a surprise, nice to have you back with your usual style! Must try and keep up now LOL

    Sorry to hear about your job, sounds like you have a case there.
    Hope things get sorted with Speedy and his kidneys!

    As for your latest cards, thanks for the links and they definitely ARE up to your usual high standard, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, have a friend into sewing, will look up this link later ..thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails