Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 15 June 2012

Rockin' from an early age.

Don't you just love that advert. The Duran Duran one. I'm not sure what it's for. Something technical, but I love the bit right at the end where he's looking at his flat mate as if to say " one more word and you're dead, mate". Imagine my excitement when I got an Email from Just Inclined to say they had some free digi stamps on their site. I when for a look and there was this one.

I looked it and just knew which caption to add. I think if I do another one I'll use a bolder font. The papers were from a DCWV pad and the circle sentiment is from Craftwork Cards. The card base is 6"x6".


 I think I'll give it to my stepson for his birthday next month as he has a little lad of 2. You can find the image HERE.

Well, since my last post I have lost my job completely. I complained about having to do more work in less hours as they made 3 girls redundant and cut my hours to 4 a day leaving just me and the boss. Of course there were still the same amount of tasks to do and they were just not getting done before I finished at half eleven. I said I felt like leaving and was told If that's how I feel I could go now. I know it's wrongful dismissal and proper complaint procedure wasn't followed as I've had legal advice, but haven't decided what to do about that yet. The main priority for the moment is to find another job. I loved that little shop but there must be better things to come.
 Take care y'all.............

8 comments:

  1. Fab card Di and sorry to hear about your job !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, nice to see you back, fabulous card, and thanks for the link, will have a look later, sorry about your job, hope you find another soon, Tesco seems to be springing up on every street corner, not good for small independant shops, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you have lost your job, good luck with the hunting........
    I just love your card and although I have seen these freebies.... my mind does not work like yours.... what a fab job and just right to fit in with the tv ad.
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your job, some things happen to make way for better things - so fingers crossed. Great card, funny image love your layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di,
    Great card,fab image and papers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card di.i love the brilliant image and wording :D
    sorry to hear aboout the job.really wrong how it happened though.good luck with the job hunting.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooo wow what a super card your step son will love it ... especially if you explain to him about the advert ... yes I know exactly which one you mean ... love it ... sorry to hear about your job ... not the way to do things is it ... be strong ... and its their loss ... there is always something better around the corner ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi fantastic card love the image and great layout. Sorry to hear about your job. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails