Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Wednesday 4 August 2010

Cupcakes revisited.

Here is another "remake" card. It is one i made for a workmate about 18 months ago. She was heavily into cakes,...well any food really!
I think the cakes are by Inkadinkado, i'm not sure as they aren't in their original packaging.Once again they are coloured with watercolour pencils. The paper was a download from the days before my printer decided to play up, i think it could have been from Summer Driggs.
Here is the updated version coloured with promarkers. the gingham paper is from an old pack by Habico.The sentiment is from the Woodware "tea for two" clear set.It looks smudged in the photo but its not really.
A bit of stickles and it's done. The card base is 5"x7".
I didn't really enjoy making this card. This is happening quite a bit lately, i think it's partly mojo but also the pressure of needing 7 items a week to put on my blog is taking some of the pleasure away.The stuff turns out ok in the end but not until i've torn my hair out and trashed my den,lol. Also the thought of having to take pics, upload, edit and tweek them all doesn't fill me with glee at the moment. So i've decided to do the sensible thing and "go part time" for a while and just do posts, say, 4 or 5 times a week. Hopefully the thought of only needing to make 4 or 5 cards might remove some of the pressure and wake up my mojo. I was going to stick to certain days but i think even that may seem a bit restricting. I'll definitely be doing fridays though because that's weigh in day,lol. Oh and this is another thing that gets me. I'm not too good on the old keyboard so i have to look at my fingers all the time only to look up and find out i've done a whole sentence in CAPITALS, IT DRIVES ME MAD!!!!   Part time is deffo "on the cards" for me for a while.I'm off to get something to eat and hopefully later i'll wander willingly into my den with my head full of ideas and make 50 cards,lol.
 See you soon. Di.xx

6 comments:

  1. hi di,loving the new version,well done on blogging daily for this long but you dont want it to become a chore as crafting is supposed to be fun.i aim to blog once or twice a week and that seems to be a happy amount for me,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 more gorgeous cards di.i love the cupcakes.i think you should blog as often or as least as suits you.my hubby works a lot of nights so it keeps me occupied :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the cupcakes Di.

    There shouldn't be any pressure to blog .. .. it should only be done as and when we feel like it!

    It is all supposed to be a pleasurable experience - just like the crafting.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di your card is fabulous, love your layout and fab colours.
    I feel alot like yourself about doing a daily blog, I work full time and it does become a chore after a while and my typing skills are rubbish lol. Crafting is for pleasure, and so is blogging so I might just do the same :o)
    Take care Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful cards Di! Now I'm off to raid the kitchen for cake! xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are totally Fabulous!!..I love the colors, gingham paper...and those yummy cupcakes!!...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails