Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Wednesday 19 January 2011

A simple statement.

Here's a card, albeit a simple one. About time too, i think the old mojo could be sneaking back,lol. A little snoop around the freebies at Free digital stamps (see badge at the bottom right of my page) has helped a lot.
I found the free word art at Gingers House. I collected quite a few but i forgot to take note of which page this one was on. Silly me but at least you can have fun looking for it and collect a few along the way. the papers are from Clare Curds signature stack and it goes quite well with Dolly Mama's hair. i did the feathery thing in her hair with a black glitter pen but the photo doesn't show it very well. The card base is 6" x6".

You'll never guess what i did on monday. I sewed !! I was fed up of the horrible fake pine table and benches that came with the flat. It's worse for wear but i don't want to get rid of it because i keep my bread maker, food processor and knife set on there. So i went to Abakhan up the road and got some material and made a tablecloth and some curtains. I hated every second  (lord knows why i've got a sewing machine,lol) but the kitchen looks much better now. Still crap though as it has old late seventies cupboards. We've paid over 40 grand in rent and it bugs me that when we move out that money will probably pay for a revamp.
Never mind, such is life....................

6 comments:

  1. Hi Diane, it may be simple but I love the image & word art. Nice papers as well. Overall a very striking card.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment should be my motto ;o) Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its fantastic and all ties together pefectly :o)
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card di.the image is fab and a great sentiment.i love the backing papers :D
    yep we rent too but have a brilliant landlord but know what you mean about the money :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and your sense of humour. Well done on the sewing front. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I just love your card! That wordart is perfect for that image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails