Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Tuesday 21 September 2010

What? No cards?

I'm so fed up of all the cutting and sticking of the last week or so that i decided on sunday to drag out my old jewellery making stuff from a couple of years back and have a little play.I found an unopened bag of mixed beads in purples and greens . Both colours are in all the clothes shops at the moment so i was well chuffed. I also took apart some necklaces i don.t wear any more and now i've got this little stash.
Treasure, me hearties! I managed to get 2 sets and have got loads of beads left.
The bracelets are elasticated as i didn't have any nice bracelet findings.
The fasteners on the necklaces are magnetic and so easy to fasten. I also made 3 red and silver bracelets. I really enjoyed making these and can see it being a regular sunday pursuit as i can do it in the living room without making a mess. There is an Abakhan about 5 minute's walk down the road and they sell beads and stuff. How dangerous is that then? Now then, in which shop did i see that nice purple top...............

4 comments:

  1. wow these are gorgeous di.especially love the last necklace.i love the colour green :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great and all from stuff you already had - no spending neccessary. I bought a bead kit a few weeks ago but after making a couple of bracelets I forgot about it - off to get it out again now. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. well what can i say but i love them and you should send them to me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both sets are gorgeous specially the last set, well done!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails