Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 19 August 2011

Dance Yourself Dizzy.

Morning everyone. Friday again so that means early start at the paper shop. It's Getting so dark in the mornings now too. I get up at 5.30 because I'm not into rushing around so early in the day. I like to get ready slowly and I have to visit the Daily Mail website every morning. Yes I know I work in a paper shop but I'm turning into my dad who had to read his paper as soon as he got up.
On to to day's card which actually uses a rubber stamp!!
Her name is Dotty and she is made by Art Impressions. I got her from Sir Stampalot a few years ago but I'm sure she's still available. I paper pieced her dress then cut her out as i wanted to put her on a " textured" background. There is so much space around her that she looks a bit lost on plain white.
I put loads of stickles on her dress and used an X Cut botanicals punch for the leaves. The papers are from my scraps but i think they are from a Papermania Christmas pad.
By the way if you have a WHS near you it might be worth popping in as I got a 12x12 scrapbook pad for  £3.50. It's a Brenda Walton and apart from 36 double sided lightweight card pages there are lots of usable die cut letters, numbers and tags etc.

Challenges.  City Crafter. Use scraps
                   Crazy Amigo. Black white and red.
                   Divas by Design. Birthdays
                   Rainbow lady's. Song  ( dance yourself dizzy ).
                   Southern Girls. Black white and one colour.

Today's weight, 9st 2lb ( target weight).

23 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    Fabby make.

    Great image and the perfect sentiment alongside.

    Love your colour and paper choices.

    Yes, I have noticed the mornings being a bit darker!!! I don't want summer to pass yet!! :-(

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes me smile! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is a fab image and I love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Di, i just love the sentiment, goes with the image perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely colours and paper piecing, this will make anyone smile
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol i love this card,great humour.I have lost 11/2 stones now so i'm about 9 stone 2lbs also.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, I love the fun image and her dress is great. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great card .... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB and thanks for the tip off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lady!!!Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly not an image I would buy but good for the challenge. Thanks for singing or dancing along.
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, stunning card di.love the image very much, she is fantastic and gorgeous colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her!! She would put a smile on anyones face. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grogeous card!! Fantastic woman stamp and beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is fun, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love her!!, lol beaut card, thanks for joining us at southern girls.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Sweetie......!

    thanks for joining us at Divas....and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A stunning card, I love everything about it! Thank you so much for joining in our Southern Girls challenge this fortnight! I have candy on my blog if you are interested.
    http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/07/new-delicious-candy.html
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love everything about this card and that image is great.

    Cretaceous (DC)

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is fab, gave me a good laugh! Thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my stars.. This is great.. I love it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Doesn't get CUTER than this! LOVE it! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous card. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card and fabulous image!!love it!!
    thanks for joining us at Diva's this time would love to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails