Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Sunday 21 August 2011

Live Life Glamorously.

Well,  that's one thing you can't call me. Glamorous. I can't walk in heels for a start. Hats drown me. I'm short, and I slouch. You can't work on your feet for 36 years and not end up slouching ,lol. Still this is what glamorous looks like.
I found the image HERE.  I can't link directly to the blog as i stupidly only saved the image  addy. I will leave it like this for now but will do a bit of searching and try to find the blog  .EDIT, I've found it. It was from Digital 2 for Tuesday. I've edited the link and feel heaps better. We ain't supposed to give links to the image, just links to the blog so I can sleep with a clear conscience tonight.  The caption is from TLC Creations. Papers are by K & Company and the card base is 6"x6".
You can't tell from the photo but I went over the necklace with a clear stardust sakura pen. The flower is made with a sizzlits embossing die which I've had for about 3 years and have hardly used.

Challenges.  Glitter Fairies.  Pink
                    Cardmakin Mamas. pink
                    The Corrosive Challenge.  Girlie.
                    Stamps R Us.  Anything goes.

While I'm here I must show you this photo.
This is what the local council have done to our trees because they think it will attract more tourists. I kept my nose out of it as as it made no difference to my life what they did to the trees.  Then I found out how much it cost.  £25.000 !!!!!   And no, I haven't put too many noughts!  There are so many empty shops in Chester because the rent and rates are too high and this is what's at the top of the council's shopping list. All paid for with our council tax no doubt............

7 comments:

  1. glamourous card and di i am sure you could have decorated the trees for a third of a price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Di, lovely image. Cant get over what the council spent on wrapping trees!! Do they not know that Poundland does a great deal on wrapping paper!! Im sure it will be torn down in no time unfortunately. Looks nice but what a ridiculous amount of money. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card di.i love the elegant lady and gorgeous colours :D
    cor blimey what a waste of money.i`d rather see a tree as it should be not decorated like a candy stick.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so beautiful and completely elegant! What a ridiculous amount of $$$ to spend wrapping trees like that. I watch in total disbelief at the ideas some people come up with to spend our hard-earned tax dollars!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very elegsnt card xx great sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an elegant card you have made. I not a girlie girl either. I think you did a wonderful job on this. Great Job!!
    Thanks for joining us over at The Corrosive Challenge this week.
    Debra..DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful card and was really enjoying the photo of the trees until I read the sheer waste of money spent on wrapping them. A group of volunteers and max 100 spent on cheap ribbon or fabric could easily have accomplished the same effect. Love your blog too and will definitely come back to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails