Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Wednesday 3 August 2011

Feeling Fruity.

I thought I'd make a nice summery card today as the weather is so nice. Mind you I did trash my room in search of my mojo.

 This card is the result of thinking "oh well, I'll just do some colouring while the mojo is away". It all fell into place when i remembered this caption from Ginger's House  HERE. The image is also a freebie and is from Meljens Designs HERE.  The flowers are also Meljens and there is a link to them at the top of my sidebar. I coloured them, added glossy accents and cut them out. Another thing that gets done when the mojo takes a hike.
EDIT. OMG!  How freaky is this, I've just been to TLC blog and apparently today is............wait for it............National watermelon day!!!!!!


Challenges. For fun Challenges. Anything goes.
                  Little red wagon. Put a Critter on it.
                  Tuesday Throwdown. Summertime
                  Craft your passion. Anything goes.
                  Penny's papercrafty. Watermelon
                  The Playdate Cafe. Watermelon, sorbet and lime.

23 comments:

  1. How strange is that..lol..!

    Fabulous card Di and so love the colours and layout too hun..

    have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the card and the sentiment is so apt at the moment for me, thanks for that Dianne, it has given me a lift that I need!
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card. The colours are so vibrant and fresh. Thanks for joining us on our Anything Goes challenge over at Craft your passion,
    Good luck,
    Hazel
    GDT August

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wicked card, very spooky that you made it without realising what today is!!!!!!!! Perfect sentiment for the image too! It's great to see you join us at FOR FUN this week....hope you'll play along again soon!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS!!! I love the image from Meljens and the Senti is great, Ginger has some amazing ones. Thanks for playing along on FOr fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is super cute Di! Thanks for playing along with our "Watermelon" Challenge at Penny's. Good Luck!!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that card! Your coloring is amazing! You used the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Watermelon Day!!! Your card is great! I love the sentiment which goes perfectly with the adorable image. Wonderful job on the layout of the card as well as the coloring of the image. Thanks for joining us for Watermelon Day at Penny's Paper-Crafty, good luck and hope to see you again.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning card di.love the fab image and a really beautiful sentiment.love your colours and design and i never knew there was a national watermelon day, how strange :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. to cute for words:) Makes me want to go on a picnic!!Thank you for Joining us this week for Anything goes at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck and have a wonderful week.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card!!!! I love the image and the sentiment is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card combined with a great sentiment! Don't these colors just scream for cute fruits? ;) Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great card! I love the sentiment with the ant carrying the big watermelon. And what could be better than the fact it is a time to celebrate the watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling cute card!!! Perfect sentiment...and just has to make ya smile...!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehhehehe, I thought you did it on purpose for the several different watermelon challenges out there!! I just found that free image tonight too and I love love that sentiment you used with it. I sooo might have to lift this.
    Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenge! Hope to see you Wednesday for the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and a perfect sentiment, oh! yes and belated Happy Watermelon Day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card. The little ant is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card and really nice coloring. So fun that it worked for so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a great summer card! Pretty coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How funny that it was watermelon day when you wrote this, I'm not sure any of the pdcc girls knew that. Love your little card, what a fantastic sentiment too! Great little image! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Over the top CUTE! LOVE your bits of Glossy Accent shine to that darling image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. GREAT job on our watermelon challenge! LOVE that sentiment too!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges. Hope you join us again real soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails