Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 8 October 2010

Box under construction.

I was perusing a really good blog called Flutterby Atomic Butterfly and loved Kelly's latest box. I set about making one but i couldn't understand the instructions ( well i did after a while) so i decided to just do my own thing.I started with an A4 sheet of card and trimmed the longer length to 11".

Place card horizontally on your score board and score at 2", 5", 7" and 10". Turn card around ( guess who didn't take a photo of this bit) and score at 11/2", 5" and 7".
With the smallest section on the right cut out to match the above pic ,then score and fold also as above.Sorry about the slightly vague instructions but between mine and Kelly's you should be able to make sense of it all.
This is how it looks when assembled. It doesn't look much at the moment but as mother says, unfinished things are for fools and children to see. I will decorate it on sunday morning and upload it when it's done.
 see you soon. Di, xx

Target weight 9st 2 lb. This mornings weight still 9st 2lb despite my "feeders" trying to fatten me up. Phew!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    Oh I love what you have done here .. .. they would make fantastic favour boxes only joking LOL!!!!!).

    I can't wait to see it again on Sunday.

    I love your Mum's saying .. I have never heard that one before. How true!!!

    I always think of you on a Friday morning with your "weigh in". Well done on maintaining your goal ... .. despite those "feeders".

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I like to make boxes,will give this a go and let you know how I do,thanks for the tutorial,have a great day,Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane.I will give this a go too.I'v become addicted to box n bag making,i am not good at understanding the instructions so this is soooo helpful thank you.Can't wait to see it decorated.Well done on the maintaining weight loss.I keep forgetting to weigh lol.Don't think i'v put on !!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    Just stumbled across your blog, really enjoyed looking round your super work and that stationery set is gorgous.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails