Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Sunday 13 June 2010

Notecard gift bag tutorial.

I've just spent ages looking for a tutorial for this little bag on the net but couldn't find one the same so I've  thrown a few photos together.

You'll need a piece of card 71/2" x 101/2" to fit 4"x4" note cards. If you're going to alter the size learn from me and measure the envelopes, not the cards!

Place card in landscape position and score at 41/2" and 6".

Turn and score at 11/2" and 6". Fold all score lines.



Glue A to B on both sides as shown , then glue C to A.


Easy peasy! now you can decorate your bag, if you're going to do lots of matting etc it's easier to do it before gluing while it's still flat.

I've used grossgrain ribbon for the handles as it's slightly stiffer than ordinary ribbon. the stamp is by Inkadinkado. I cut my own 4"x4" cards and get the envies from the papermill shop.
For more inspiration check out the SCS gallery here. There is a link to how to make the flower under "tutorials" in my sidebar.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Di! you are really clever xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic di, i love the bag and your tutorial looks really easy to follow.i have ordered a score board so will be trying this out once i get it.thanks for the inspiration.luv coops.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails