Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 8 July 2011

A card for my stepson.

The phrase "Christmas in July" is very appropriate for me and my family. There are so many birthdays it's like shelling out for Christmas twice a year. It's my stepson, Neil's turn next Tuesday and here's his card.
The main image and the bits of food are from a Papermania, Clare Curd clear set. The papers are from Summer Driggs but as my printer gives everything a blue cast even after loads of head cleaning the colours are not true to the originals.
Before i made this card i was looking through my digi stamps for ideas. I came across this baby one and had a light bulb moment. Our grandson Michael is also a July baby and will have his first birthday on the 19th. I think i got the image from a colouring book site but i've searched google images and can't find it. I downloaded it a couple of years ago before i needed to keep note for fellow bloggers.

Challenges,   Scrapalicious USA.  Use turquoise.
                    My time to craft,  Use food,  A La Carte

On the subject of birthdays, it's mine tomorrow. As usual, Chester races is on so town will be full of scallies. If it's not peeing down we're going to take a little trip to Nantwich on the bus. We'll have a wander around the shops and perhaps a pub lunch and we'll get a takeaway in the evening.

Today's weight 9st 2lb ( target weight).

12 comments:

  1. What a FANTASTIC card! Love EVERYTHING about it!

    Happy Birthday for tomorrow - keeping my fingers crossed that the sun shines for you.

    Hugs

    Judi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card and the baby is just genius. Enjoy your birthday day out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Love the papers you used, they are soooo manly!

    Thanks for playing with us at Stampfairy Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane, a really greta card & the baby is perfect! Very clever idea. Lovely colouring & papers. Have a wonderful birthday & have a good day out.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a super card and have a very happy birthday
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, fantastic card di.i love the fun images and your colours and details are stunning ;D
    happy birthday for tomorrow :D



    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! Lots of wonderful details too. Thank you for joining us at Scrapalicious! ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Di .. .. I hope you have a lovely day!!

    Love your card very much.

    I have this set and use it loads .. .. but that baby just finishes it all of beautifully.

    Shame you can't remember where it came from .. I love it!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely FANTASTIC card Diane.Do hope you are enjoying your Birthday,sorry i didn't send a card but didn't know lol.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Diane...Hope you have had a lovely day
    Linda [docrafts]

    ReplyDelete
  11. ha ha, great card made me laugh xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails