Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Tuesday 5 July 2011

Same but Different.

Sometimes when you trundle around various websites/blogs you can find yourself miles away from home and miles away from your usual style. Sometimes these sites have freebies which enable you to try a different style without spending a penny. One such site is Create with TLC. I love all the designs and sentiments on this site. So far i have only snagged the freebies but as there is a special offer of buy 5 sets get 2 free until midnight tonight I'm going shopping straight after this post. Here's 2 slightly different cards done with the same digis.
I looked at this image and didn't really think much more about it until i came across the matching sentiment. I opened them in " My Craft Studio" and put them together and printed them out, 3 sheets of them.
The image is HERE,  and the sentiment is HERE.   Big naughtiness here, i don't know where i got the ticket sentiment from. I know there was a whole page and i think i found them through Free digital Stamps but I'm going to have to go back and find them, unless anyone can help. The papers in the first card are Summer Driggs, but the second card is made with scraps so i don't know where they were from.

Challenges.  Sentimental Sundays,  Anything goes.
                   Stamps R Us.  There was a little girl.

Now then......Speedy's birthday night out at the Mill Hotel.  He had the big meat feast but it was a hot night so i opted for the sirloin steak with trimmings. Food......no problem. Wine?   OMG!!!  We had a bottle each and then, when we went to pay the bill they said that one of the lads behind the bar had paid for another. Well after the wine we already had, there was no logic, so we had the third bottle. OK we drank it slowly and we walked home with dignity.  We have a long narrow hall in our flat and there are 2 wooden chests in the hall.I sat on one of the chests to get my shoes off and the wine kicked in. I heard a bang and thought "what was that"? It was me falling off the chest after falling asleep,lol. Next morning one of my toes was blue, i vaguely remember stubbing it on the edge of the bed.  No hangover, and I'm fine ........until Saturday.............It's my birthday then......................................

10 comments:

  1. Two great cards Diane. The image & sentiment are perfect together. Glad to hear you enjoyed your night out with Speedy but sorry to hear about the toe. lol. Same again next week? Did you know that you won top 5 at Meljens again with your lovely stripey bag? As soon as I saw it I thought, that's a winner. Well done.
    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic cards di.love the image , so sweet and great sentiment.
    sounds like you both had a great night out on speedys birthday :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so cute! Really like those wonderful colors you used too. I love all the sentiments from TLC and am always grabbing a few each week it seems!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    Your sentiment and image are brilliant .. .. they just "need" to be together.

    Great finished look.

    Sounds like you had a lovely birthday celebration .. .. hic!!! .. .. here's to yours next!!! Cheers!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards Dianne! Sounds like the celebrations went well lol
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these cards. You did a fabulous job on them

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental sundays.
    ♥♥Janne♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. as long as you both enjoyed the night.... does it matter lol, 2 lovely cards in fab colours
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 Brilliant cards, love the colour combos you have used,I would never have thought of using colours like these.
    All the images from TLC are just fab aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards.Rofl,what you like hee hee.Glad you both enjoyed yourselves !! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails