Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Friday 29 July 2011

Unearthed some antiques.

I was rummaging around in my craft room and came across some strange wooden things. They had pictures on them and I vaguely remembered them from the olden days. I googled them and found them to be a primitive crafting item. Apparently people used to dip them into pads of ink and press them onto card. Yes.......I'm talking about rubber stamps, lol. It's been such a long time since I've used one I almost forgot I had them. So I made a card just to see if they still work.
Hey,  it worked !! Just joking. I'm so used to all these kind people designing free digi stamps and having access to a new one every day, I'm getting spoilt.  This little Forever Friends stamp is one of my favourite Christmas stamps. I like to paper piece his dressing gown. I got the papers from Artstamps when it was on at Wrexham about 4 years ago.They are made by the English Paper Company and i got little packs for £1 each. I haven't been able to go since then, I've either been working or at someones wedding. I'ts on tomorrow and yes I'm at work.
The circle sentiment is from When the Scrap Hits the Fun HERE.

Challenges, Party time Tuesdays, Anything goes.
                   Crafty Creations.Christmas in july.
                   Forever Friends, Pastel colours.


Target weight 9st 2lb.  Todays weight 9st 3lb.  ( 2 words,  Speedy, & Cheese...........)

3 comments:

  1. Rofl I'm sure I have some of these lurking at the very bottom of my rather large stamp box somewhere too!
    You have done a wonderful job - your card is so lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card di.love your pretty papers and the ff bear is so sweet :D
    yep i work every saturday too, ah well.needs must :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I was just thinking I need to do some more stamping and inking. I always do a lot of paper piecing, it seems. Absolutely love your card! Love the colors you've used. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails