Welcome to my blog. I hope you find plenty of inspiration here. Nothing too fancy, no great skills required, just lots of cards, gifts and perhaps the odd bit of shopping.

My blog contains lots of links to freebies. Without sounding like "mother" can I ask you to leave a kind comment to the generous givers of such fabulous artwork. I know of at least a couple of artists who are feeling a bit unloved at the moment. Thanks. X



Monday 10 May 2010

Flower box.

Hello everyone, did you all pop over to Lynn's blog yesterday? I've had a paper crimper for ages, well I've got two, one like Lynn's and another one which I bought first and is the one I used to make my flowers with.
I bought it from The Works. It was with the kids stuff in a little kit with some bits of naff card but it was only £2.99 and it works perfectly. The only reason I bought the other one is because it was bigger. I loved how those flowers came out because they have a slightly fluffy shabby surface. Anyway, as i said yesterday, I was able to finish a box I'd started making and here it is.
It's made with black hessian look card from The Papermill Shop. The patterned paper is from the new Papermania Hampstead pad. The width of the sides is 21/2" and it's 5" high. Because it's not a girly box it would be nice for a fathers day gift. I thought it might fit a nice jar of jam or chutney but the ones I've got in the cupboard are slightly too wide. I'm sure I've seen some slimmish jars around , I'll have to take my ruler to Tesco's! Our dads are putting the world to rights in heaven now but I'm sure I can find someone to give it to.
Here's a close up of the top.
I think I need to sharpen my leaf punch!
Right I need to get off my bum now and take a walk into town and burn of some of those weekend calories.
                  See you soon. Di.xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely box and the flower is a nice finishing touch. I did pop over to Lynn's blog yesterday and made a couple of flowers to see what they looked like in real life. I was happy with how they turned out so will definately be making more. Thanks for sharing.

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw wow di, this is gorgeous.the flower is so stunning and looks so striking in black.i looked at the fab link, i just need a crimper now.lol.luv coops.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails